Photo:Lake Temagami, Northern Ontario by Maurizio Laudisa on Flickr
The Economic Development Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to provide independent advice, opinion, or options to Council on matters related to Economic Development.
The Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) will make recommendations on matters referred by Council and other matters including, but not limited to, the functional areas of:
• Reviewing and making recommendations for implementation or updates to the Municipality’s Economic Development Strategy;
• Advising Council on policies, procedures and strategic directions that should be considered for the purposes of fostering and advancing economic and business opportunities and the promotion of Temagami;
• Providing input to Council on issues, legislation, etc. affecting economic development;
• Exchanging ideas and bringing recommendations and action plans to Council for direction;
• Making recommendations to Council on new alliances, partnerships, programs, etc. to enhance economic development.
More information on committee structure can be found in the Terms of Reference for Standing Advisory Committees of Council.
We are currently looking for members to join the Economic Development Advisory Committee. If interested please submit either an application form or written expression of interest to:
The Corporation of the Municipality of Temagami
P.O. Box 220 Temagami, ON P0H 2H0
Tel. 705-569-3421 ext.208
Economic Development Advisory Committee Agendas:
Meeting Agenda May 5, 2015
Economic Development Committee Minutes:
Meeting Minutes May 5, 2015